Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Getting corporate sponsorship

  1. #11
    Inactive Member peter_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aus$100,000 is GBP?42,000. The Australian dollar is not worth a kick in the crotch.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Matty2phatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    skinhead's right. Shorts aren't made for profit, and aren't really seen by an audience beyond festivals or short film programs on tv. For the most part shorts are just like a demo reel should you chase funding for a feature.

    I thought $100k was a bit much for a film too... (i'm in Australia, not Austria, by the way [img]wink.gif[/img] ) but the more i spoke with the woman about it, the more i realised it really wouldn't be hard to spend $100k on a short. Especially if you're paying everybody at least their minimum required wage, and providing food and dressing rooms, and marketing, and using a decent lighting set up, and the list goes on...

  3. #13
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peter_G:
    Find a state body (Whatever the British equivalent of the arts council is...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I nearly puked I laughed so hard when I read that.

    Sorry Peter_G I couldn't resist it.

    Anyway. Let the serious funding discussion continue.


    ----------------------

    Again, sorry.

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner curtinparloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2004
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was chatting to a jobbing producer about making shorts and a huge chunk of a ?50,000 budget can be devoured just by having a road scene (paying the council/police/residents/security etc etc to get thew road closed).

  5. #15
    Inactive Member jbridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's funny. I went to this small town to scout for a location in front of a Court House. I found one that was perfect. So, the only hurdle would be the cost of the permit, security, etc... right? I investigated further and the city didn't even require permits. Shot there for $0.00.....

    Free is good......

    Sorry, had to throw that in....

    Back to the topic.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member emjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    747
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You might even try city counsels. Some of them might be interested in giving away a few hundreds for a movie in 'their' region and get some artsy points.

    I've heard it can happen.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Matty2phatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that's an interesting idea, especially since councils have fees for filming. If you can get them to pay you for something they usually charge you for, then you're doing well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •